The Solano Winds Community Concert Band is funded by donations, ticket sales and online music sales.
Copyright 2018 Solano Winds Community Concert Band. All rights reserved.
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
2019 Robert O. Briggs Music Scholarship
A $500 competitive scholarship, paid as a one-time award, is available for 2019. Robert (“Bob”) Briggs spent most of his 80 years breathing life into instruments. Briggs, a long-time director of the University of California Marching Band, also taught at Armijo High School. He was the Founding Director of the Solano Winds Community Concert Band. A revered conductor whose career in music spanned more than six decades, Briggs established his fund as a way to support his philanthropic commitment to aspiring musicians. His memory and legacy are honored by awarding scholarships in his name, administered by Solano Winds Community Concert Band, and funded by the Robert O. Briggs Scholarship Endowment Fund, a component fund of the Solano Community Foundation.
You can make a donation toward our scholarship here:
1. Complete all sections of the Application Form and sign it. (Incomplete applications and those submitted without all attachments will not be considered).
2. Attach a brief resume of your musical activities, awards, and experiences during your high school years.
3. Obtain and attach one current letter of recommendation from your music teacher, mentor, or professional that can speak to your musical potential.
4. Complete a typed one-page essay. Describe your musical talent and goals and how this scholarship will help you. Describe how music has changed, influenced, or marked a milestone in your life. This is in addition to your resume.
5. Obtain and attach a current, unopened Official Grade Transcript. Photocopies are not acceptable.
6. Make a copy of your scholarship application “package” for your records. Mail or deliver your original application form and all required attached documents to:
Solano Winds Community Concert Band P.O. Box 722 Fairfield, CA 94533
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the application or the process,
please call Marcus Mills at (707) 330-4179, or send an email to email@example.com.
Application submission deadline is 6:00 p.m. on Friday, March 15, 2019.
New 2019 forms are now available!
2019 Briggs Scholarship Application Instructions.pdf
2019 Briggs Scholarship Application Form.pdf
Robert O. Briggs was the Founding Director of the Solano Winds Community Concert Band,
and Director Emeritus, The University of California Band, Berkeley.